Asylum seekers’ money transferred from Moni cards to PFS cards
Asylum seekers who applied for a PFS card by 7 July 2019 have now received the money from their Moni account to their PFS card. This relates to our earlier announcement that some asylum seekers were unable to access the money that they had on their Moni account. After the transfer, the Moni cards were closed and cannot be used anymore.
Asylum seekers who have not applied for a PFS card will get their money later. If their Moni card still works, they can still access the money and empty the account. More instructions and the date on which the remaining Moni cards will stop working will be announced later.
The Moni cards have been used for reception allowance and salary payments to asylum seekers. The Finnish Immigration Service is replacing all Moni cards with PFS cards.
Instructions for asylum seekers
- If you applied for a PFS card by 7 July 2019, your money has now been transferred to your PFS card. Your Moni card has been closed.
- If you want to check the amount of money that was transferred to your card, see the PFS account statement, contact the PFS customer service (tel. 0203 551 99, [email protected]) or ask your reception centre.
- If there are discrepancies in the amount of money transferred, contact the Moni Nordic customer service ([email protected]). The Finnish Immigration Service and PFS do not reply to inquiries concerning the amount of money transferred.
- If you are no longer registered as a client at a reception centre and the money from your Moni card has been transferred to your PFS card, your PFS card will stop working on 30 august 2019. This means that you must withdraw or spend all the money on your PFS card before this date.
- If you have not applied for a PFS card, we will instruct you later on how you will be able to access the money that you have in your Moni account. It is no longer possible to apply for a PFS card for the transfer. If your Moni card works, you should spend or withdraw all the money from the account.