Skip to Content
I want to apply

An entrepreneur’s residence permit depends on the form of business

You are a self-employed person if you pursue a trade or profession in your own name (in other words, a ‘person pursuing a trade’) or if you are comparable to such a person because of your corporate responsibility.

Self-employed persons are most often private traders with a company name (Finnish: ‘toiminimi’) or work in a general partnership (‘avoin yhtiö’) or are general partners in a limited partnership (‘kommandiittiyhtiö’).

For other kinds of business activities you will in most cases need a residence permit for an employed person.

My form of business

Previous answers:

I want to be an entrepreneur in Finland. Change

This Application Finder helps you find the right application. Answer the questions, and the Application Finder will take you to a page that explains the application requirements that you need to meet. On the same page, you will find a list of the documents you need to attach to your application.

We built the Application Finder to help you. Your answers will not be recorded or saved.

Are you looking for these?