Reports on the situation in Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia and Yemen published
The Finnish Immigration Service has published reports on the situation in Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia and Yemen.
The reports, compiled by the Country Information Service of the Finnish Immigration Service, focus on the current political situation, safety, human rights and the humanitarian situation in these countries.
The information is based on public sources compiled by UN organisations, international and national non-governmental organisations, research institutes and different media, among others. This year, researchers from the Country Information Service also visited Baghdad and Kabul on a fact-finding mission.
The reports of the Country Information Service can be found on our website.
Facts: Research-based information on the situation in countries to support decision-making
- The Country Information Service of the Finnish Immigration Service produces information in particular about the countries from which asylum seekers, quota refugees and other immigrants come to Finland.
- The sources of information include the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), research institutes, the country information services of other countries and the fact-finding missions conducted by the researchers of the Finnish Immigration Service.
- The Finnish Immigration Service always uses up-to-date country information when making decisions. The researchers at the Country Information Service do not participate in the decision-making process or in the establishment of country guidelines.
- More information about country information can be found in our information bank.
- Read more about the work of the country information researchers in our newsroom (in Finnish).
- Mikko Nyman, Team Leader, Legal Service and Country Information Unit, email: [email protected], tel. +358 295 433 037