Skip to Content

Residence permit application for an employee of a religious community

Apply for a residence permit with this application if you are going to work in the service of a religious community.

  • Your work must involve practising the religion.
  • To get a residence permit on the basis of work, you must be paid a salary.

If you will not be paid a salary, you can apply for a residence permit on other grounds.

You must have confirmed employment before you apply.

  • Expected processing time for electronic application

    First permit 1–2 months / extended permit 2–4 months

  • Expected processing time for paper application

    First permit 2 months / extended permit 2–4 months

  • Electronic application fee

    First permit  380 € / extended permit 160 €

  • Paper application fee

    First permit 480€ / extended permit 430 €

This is what you should do


Fill in the application:

Right to work

  • You cannot start working before you get a residence permit.
  • Your right to work gives you the right to perform the work for which you have been granted a residence permit.
  • If you apply for an extended permit, check if you have the right to work while your application is being processed.