Skip to Content

Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment is responsible for integration

  • The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment is responsible for the integration of immigrants.
  • The Centres for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment and the municipalities are responsible for integration in their own region.
  • The reception centres are responsible for providing asylum seekers with initial orientation.
  • The Finnish Immigration Service is responsible for providing quota refugees with initial orientation.

More detailed information on the division of responsibility can be found in the Act on the Promotion of Immigrant Integration.

You can find more information on these websites

  • The guide ‘Welcome to Finland’ of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment ⇒
  • The website Info Bank provides information about Finland in your language ⇒
  • The website of the Finnish Immigration Service for quota refugees provides basic information about Finnish everyday life ⇒
  • The Helsinki City Immigration Information Centre gives advice in immigration-related matters ⇒
  • You can study Finnish on the website of the Finnish National Board of Education ⇒