Skip to Content

Residence permit application on the basis of an intergovernmental agreement

Apply for a residence permit with this application if your work is part of an intergovernmental agreement.

You must have confirmed employment before you can apply for this permit.

  • Expected processing time

    First permit 1–2 months / extended permit 1–2 months

  • Electronic application fee

    First permit 380 € / extended permit 160 €

  • Paper application fee

    First permit 480 € / extended permit 430 €

This is what you should do


Fill in the application:

Right to work

  • Your right to work gives you the right to perform the work for which you have been granted a residence permit.
  • Your right to work begins when you are granted a residence permit. You cannot start working before you get a residence permit.
  • Your right to work ends when your residence permit expires.