Finnish Immigration Service, for customers and for society
The Finnish Immigration Service makes permit decisions in matters related to immigration, asylum, refugee status and citizenship and runs the reception system of Finland. We provide customer-focused services that put people first, contribute to a well-functioning society, and enhance Finland's competitiveness. In addition to high-quality public administration, we provide specialist and information services to support political decision-making and for national and international cooperation. We are responsible for the reception system for persons applying for international protection, the detention units for foreign nationals and the Assistance System for Victims of Human Trafficking. We operate under the supervision of the Ministry of the Interior and the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
Our goal is to run Europe’s most efficient permit services and to make the reception of people seeking protection systematic and efficient. We make forecasts and seek to constantly develop our operations. We will improve the customer journeys in immigration together with relevant stakeholders, taking a goal-oriented and comprehensive approach to the process.
- Open and transparent
- Bold and proactive
- Our work is of good quality, our processes are smooth and efficient and the way we work is predictable.
- The customer experience with us is excellent.
- We seek to continuously update and improve the way we work.
- We are active in networks and seek to achieve solutions.
- We are an attractive workplace where the well-being of employees is seen to.
Read more about our strategy: Summary of organisational strategy of the Finnish Immigration Service 2023-2027
Finnish Immigration Service
The Director General of the Finnish Immigration Service oversees and manages the work and development of the agency. The agency consists of 8 units:
- Customer Relations and Communications Unit
- Administration Unit
- HR Unit
- Permit and Nationality Unit
- Legal Service and Country Information Unit
- Finance Unit
- Technology and Digitalisation Unit
- Asylum Unit
- Reception Unit