Frequently asked questions about Brexit

I have a residence permit. Do I still need to register my right of residence as an EU citizen?

No, you do not need to do that. If you have a fixed-term residence permit, remember to apply for a new fixed-term residence permit before your current permit expires.

I have registered my right of residence as an EU citizen. Can I still apply for a residence permit?

You can apply for a residence permit if you want to, but it is not necessary at this stage because no definitive decision on Brexit has been made. If you already have applied for a residence permit, your application will be processed as usual.