You can take care of almost all permit matters with the Finnish Immigration Service using our online service Enter Finland.
The e-service will guide you through the process of filling in your application. You do not need to save your application manually. The e-service will save it automatically as you fill it in.
If you are not sure what application form you should use, use the Application Finder to find out.
If you are an employer, you can use the e-service to track the processing status of your employee’s residence permit application, submit documents to us and pay the processing fee on behalf of your employee.
How do I submit an online application for a minor?
- If the applicant is under the age of 18, the person who has custody of the child submits the application for him or her.
- The application is submitted from the user account of the person who has custody of the child.
- If two persons have custody of the child, you need to choose which person’s user account you use for submitting the application.
- You can create a user account of your own for submitting the child’s application even when you are not applying for a residence permit for yourself online.
Use Enter Finland until you get a decision
- You can track the progress of your application in your personal user account. When we make a decision on your application, you will see it there.
- Supplement your application or let us know your new contact details, for example.
- Respond to the Finnish Immigration Service’s request for further information. You will get an email or a text message notification if we request further information from you.
You cannot use the online service to apply for:
- a residence permit on the grounds of Finnish origin
- a residence permit on other grounds
- travel documents
- a Schengen visa
Technical support for Enter Finland
If you have a technical problem related to the online service Enter Finland or the appointment system, please write to technical support: [email protected]
Also see these instructions: How do I convert a document into an electronic format and add it as an attachment to my application?
If you apply for an extended permit online, you do not necessarily need to prove your identity at a service point
If you have applied for an extended permit in the online service Enter Finland and used strong electronic identification, you do not necessarily need to visit a service point to prove your identity and to have your fingerprints taken.
Strong electronic identification means that you verify your identity in the e-service Enter Finland with your online banking credentials, citizen certificate or mobile certificate.
After you have submitted your application, the e-service will tell you whether you have to visit a service point or whether the electronic identification is sufficient.
Enter Finland for counsels and representatives
Enter Finland for counsels and representatives is part of the Finnish Immigration Service’s online service Enter Finland. The service is intended for attorneys, counsels, guardians and representatives of applicants. The service makes sending and receiving documents faster and more secure. The online service aims to offer a new customer service channel also for the asylum seeking process, where online service has not been available before.
You can activate the service at any point of the application process, from after submitting the application to the matter becoming final. You will no longer be able to access your client’s matter in the e-service after the decision on his or her application has become final. The service is intended only for counsels and representatives. Please note that a client can only have one counsel and one representative at a time.
You can start using the service by logging in to Enter Finland for counsels and representatives at https://enterfinland.fi/eServices/home/advisor . The service will first direct you to the website Suomi.fi, where you can sign in by identifying yourself with your personal online banking IDs, mobile certificate or certificate card. Once you have been identified and your account is opened, you can start using the service by sending in the e-service an authorisation or a notification of acting on behalf of your client. After the Finnish Immigration Service has accepted the authorisation, you can follow the status of your client’s application, send documents to the Finnish Immigration Service and request documents in the matter. More detailed instructions for using the service can be found at https://enterfinland.fi/eServices/home/advisor.