You can take care of almost all permit matters with the Finnish Immigration Service using our e-service Enter Finland.
The e-service will guide you through the process of filling in your application. You do not need to save your application manually. The e-service will save it automatically as you fill it in.
If you are not sure what application form you should use, use the Application Finder to find out.
If you are an employer, you can use the e-service to track the processing status of your employee’s residence permit application, submit documents to us and pay the processing fee on behalf of your employee.
Use Enter Finland until you get a decision
- You can track the progress of your application in your personal user account. When we make a decision on your application, you will see it there.
- Supplement your application or let us know your new contact details, for example.
- Respond to the Finnish Immigration Service’s request for further information. You will get an email or a text message notification if we request further information from you.
You cannot use the e-service to apply for:
- a residence permit on the grounds of Finnish origin
- a residence permit on other grounds
- renewal of a residence permit card
- travel documents
- a Schengen visa
Technical support for Enter Finland
If you have a technical problem related to the e-service Enter Finland or the appointment system, please write to technical support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also see these instructions: How do I convert a document into an electronic format and add it as an attachment to my application?