Online service Enter Finland
Enter Finland is an online service for customers of the Finnish Immigration Service. You can handle almost all permit matters with the Finnish Immigration Service using the online service Enter Finland.
If you are not sure what application form you should use, use the Application Finder to find out.
The e-service will guide you through the process of filling in your application. You do not need to save your application manually. The e-service will save it automatically as you fill it in.
If you have a technical problem related to the online service Enter Finland, contact our technical support by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use Enter Finland until you get a decision
- Adding attachments
- Printing a payment receipt
- Decisions remain in Enter Finland for one year – save and print them for yourself
- How to submit an application for a minor online?
- You cannot apply for the following in Enter Finland
- When you apply for an extended permit online, you do not necessarily need to visit a service point
- Enter Finland for counsels and representatives
- Enter Finland for Employers
- More information
- You can track the progress of your application in your personal user account. When we make a decision on your application, you will see it there.
- Supplement your application or let us know your new contact details, for example.
- Respond to the Finnish Immigration Service’s request for further information. You will get an email or a text message notification if we request further information from you.
See the video Adding documents to your application in Enter Finland.
We prefer that you attach PDF files, but the following file formats are also accepted: TXT, RTF, JPG, PNG and GIF.
When you have filled in your application in Enter Finland, the service will direct you to the ‘Add documents’ tab. On that page, you will see a list of the documents that you need to attach to your application, and you can attach them to your application on the same page.
You can print out a receipt of payment of a processing fee in Enter Finland. You can see the receipt in Enter Finland after you have sent and paid your application. You can see the receipt under ‘Your application and attachments’ or by clicking a separate banner ‘Print an initiation certificate or a receipt of payment of the processing fee’. When a decision has been made on your application and you have read it, the matter stays on the ‘Applications’ page for one month. After that, the matter is moved under ‘Previous applications'. You can print out the receipt within a year from the date when you read the decision for the first time.
The receipt can be printed out in Finnish, Swedish or English. The receipt is created and shown in the language that is selected in Enter Finland when you open the receipt for the first time in the service.
If you pay or have already paid the application at a service point or a Finnish mission, you will get a separate receipt from the service point or the mission in question. In this case, the payment details are not shown in the certificate of a pending application or in Enter Finland.
When you receive a decision in the online service Enter Finland, you should save and print the decision for yourself. You may need the decision later when visiting Finnish authorities.
Decisions remain in Enter Finland for one year after the date when you open the decision for the first time. After a year, the decision and the application with its attachments will be removed from the online service for reasons of data protection. After that, you will not be able to print the decision from the online service.
How to request a certificate of your right of residence if the decision has been removed from Enter Finland
You can request a certificate of your right to stay in Finland from the Finnish Immigration Service. The processing fee is 50 euros.
Read more on the page Certificate requests.
- If the applicant is under the age of 18, the person who has custody of the child submits the application for him or her.
- The application is submitted from the user account of the person who has custody of the child.
- If two persons have custody of the child, you need to choose which person’s user account you use for submitting the application.
- You can create a user account of your own for submitting the child’s application even when you are not applying for a residence permit for yourself online.
- a residence permit on the grounds of Finnish origin
- a residence permit on other grounds
- travel documents
- a Schengen visa
You must usually prove your identity at a service point of the Finnish Immigration Service when you apply for a residence permit.
When you apply for an extended permit in Enter Finland and are using strong electronic identification, you may not need to visit a service point. For more information, see the page migri.fi/identification.
Enter Finland for counsels and representatives is part of the Finnish Immigration Service’s online service Enter Finland. The service is intended for attorneys, counsels, guardians and representatives of applicants. The service makes sending and receiving documents faster and more secure. The online service aims to offer a new customer service channel also for the asylum seeking process, where online service has not been available before
You can activate the service at any point of the application process, from after submitting the application to the matter becoming final. You will no longer be able to access your client’s matter in the e-service after the decision on his or her application has become final. The service is intended only for counsels and representatives. Please note that a client can only have one counsel and one representative at a time.
You can start using the service by logging in to Enter Finland for counsels and representatives at enterfinland.fi/eServices/home/advisor. The service will first direct you to the website Suomi.fi, where you can sign in by identifying yourself with your personal online banking IDs, mobile certificate or certificate card. Once you have been identified and your account is opened, you can start using the service by sending in the e-service an authorisation or a notification of acting on behalf of your client. After the Finnish Immigration Service has accepted the authorisation, you can follow the status of your client’s application, send documents to the Finnish Immigration Service and request documents in the matter. More detailed instructions for using the service can be found at enterfinland.fi/eServices/home/advisor.
Use Enter Finland for Employers to follow the status of your employee’s residence permit application, to submit documents or to pay the processing fee on behalf of your employee. For more information, see the page migri.fi/enter-finland-for-employers.