The Finnish Immigration Service may carry out a language analysis if you have not given reliable proof of your identity. The purpose of a language analysis is to make sure that you come from where you say you come from.
If we decide to carry out a language analysis in your case, the Finnish Immigration Service will send you a written invitation to an appointment together with these instructions.
An interpreter will not usually be present at the appointment, so please read these instructions carefully.
How is a language analysis carried out?
The Finnish Immigration Service books an appointment for you and sends you an invitation to the appointment. At the appointment an employee of the Finnish Immigration Service will record your speech for about 20 minutes.
Instructions for language analysis
- An employee of the Finnish Immigration Service lets you know when the recording starts. He or she cannot talk during the recording.
- Talk freely for about 20 minutes. You can talk for example about food, hobbies, nature, your journey to Finland, your home, public holidays and festivals in your home country, sports and family.
- Do not mention personal details, such as your name or your family members’ names, or why you are applying for asylum.
- The employee of the Finnish Immigration Service will let you know when the recording ends.
What happens after the language analysis?
After the appointment, the Finnish Immigration Service will give the recording to an expert who will analyse your speech. After this, the Finnish Immigration Service will receive a written statement with the results of the language analysis.
If the results differ from what you previously have told about where you come from, you will be heard by the Finnish Immigration Service either in an interview or in writing. Then you may explain your view on the matter yourself.
Instructions in different languages
- التحليل اللغوي (ar).pdf
- ارزیا یب و سنجیدن زبان (dari).pdf
- Language analysis (en).pdf
- سنجش زبان (fa).pdf
- Kielianalyysi (fi).pdf
- Analîza zimanî (kurdi-kurmandzi).pdf
- لێکۆڵینەوەی زمان (kurdi-sorani).pdf
- Baaritaanka luqadda (so).pdf
- Språkanalys (sv).pdf
- ናይ ቋንቋ ትንተና (ti).pdf
- Dil seljermesi (turkmeeni).pdf