Residence permit application for work in the field of culture or arts
Apply for a residence permit with this application if you are going to work professionally in the field of culture or the arts. You must have confirmed employment before you can apply for the permit.
To be considered a professional in the field of culture or the arts, you need to have relevant previous work experience or education, for example. Your employer must verify that you have the professional skills required for the job.
Expected processing time for electronic application
First permit 1–2 months / extended permit 2–4 months
Expected processing time for paper application
First permit 2 months / extended permit 2–4 months
Electronic application fee
First permit 380 € / extended permit 160 €
Paper application fee
First permit 480 € / extended permit 430 €
Right to work
- Your right to work gives you the right to perform the work for which you have been granted a residence permit.
- You have the right to work as a professional within the field of the arts already before the residence permit is granted if:
- you are in Finland when you apply for the residence permit;
- you are a professional artist; and
- your visa is valid or you are allowed to stay in Finland without a visa.
- Your right to work before being issued with a residence permit ends after three months, or even earlier if your visa expires.
- If you apply for an extended permit, check whether you have the right to work while your application is being processed.