Skip to Content

Citizenship declaration for a young person with long-term residence in Finland

Submit this declaration if you wish to get Finnish citizenship and you meet the following conditions:

  • you are between 18 and 22 years of age;
  • you have not been sentenced to imprisonment; and
  • you have lived in Finland for at least 10 years in total, or you were born in Finland and have lived here for at least 6 years in total.
  • Expected processing time for electronic application

    9 months

  • Expected processing time for paper application

    9 months

  • Electronic application fee

    150 €

  • Paper application fee

    220 €

You will find the declaration form at the bottom of this page. Please read the instructions on this page first before filling in the form.

If you also wish to apply for Finnish citizenship for a minor child in your care, fill in a supplement form (in Finnish) for him or her. A child has the right to be granted Finnish citizenship only in connection with the citizenship declaration of the person who has custody of him or her.

This is what you should do:

Get ready for applying

Fill in the application