Skip to Content

Residence permit application for delivery of a machine or a system

Apply for a residence permit with this application if you will carry out an assignment related to the supply of an individual machine, device, product line or expert system imported into or to be exported from the country.

You must have confirmed employment before you apply for the permit. Your work may last for a maximum of six months. To work longer than that, you need to apply for a residence permit for an employed person.

  • Expected processing time

    First permit 1–2 months / extended permit 2 months

  • Electronic application fee

    First permit  380 € / extended permit 170 €

  • Paper application fee

    First permit 480 € / extended permit 430 €

If your employer has obtained employer certification, you can apply for a D visa at the same time as you apply for a residence permit. The D visa allows you to travel to Finland immediately after you have been issued with a residence permit and a D visa sticker has been attached to your passport. Read more about the D visa.

Your spouse and children can apply for a D visa if they are applying for a residence permit on the basis of family ties. Read more on the page Moving to Finland to be with a family member

This is what you should do

Get ready for applying

Fill in the application:

Right to work

  • Your right to work gives you the right to perform the work for which you have been granted a residence permit.
  • If you apply for an extended permit, check if you have the right to work while your application is being processed.