Skip to Content

Fast track for family members

Family members’ applications can be fast-tracked only if they apply for a residence permit at the same time as the main applicant.

The main applicant is your spouse who is applying for 

  • a residence permit for a specialist 
  • a residence permit for a start-up entrepreneur 
  • a residence permit for work in the top or middle management of a company
  • an EU Blue Card or 
  • an intra-corporate transferee permit as a specialist or a manager (‘ICT residence permit’) 

Please note that all documents concerning your family relations must be legalised. You need to add the legalised attachments to your residence permit application in Enter Finland before you submit the application. Otherwise, your application cannot be fast-tracked.

If you are a family member of a person submitting a fast-track application, this is what you should do:

Fast-track application for a child under 18 years of age

The main applicant or the child’s guardian fills in the child’s fast-track application during the same session after submitting his or her own application.