Skip to Content
Residence permit

Extended permit for a victim of human trafficking

If you want to stay in Finland, you must apply for an extended permit before your residence permit expires.

If you apply for an extended permit only after your residence permit has expired, you are not allowed to continue working. Read more about the right to work while an application for an extended permit is being processed.

Apply using the same form you used to apply for a first permit.

Application process when you are applying for an extended permit

General attachments

  • Valid passport accepted by Finland ( Present your passport when you submit your residence permit application
  • A passport photo complying with the photo guidelines issued by the police, or a photograph retrieval code you received from a photo shop
    • The passport photo must be no more than 6 months old.
  • Color copies of the passport page containing personal data and all pages that contain notes