Cancellation of refugee status and subsidiary protection status
Your refugee status or subsidiary protection status is cancelled if you have done any of the following when you applied for asylum:
- You have knowingly given false information.
- You have concealed facts.
Your refugee status or subsidiary protection status will be cancelled if the fact that you have concealed facts or given false information has had an impact on our decision to grant you refugee status or subsidiary protection.
Your refugee status or subsidiary protection status can also be cancelled if we find out later that we should not have granted you asylum or subsidiary protection because you have committed, or there are reasonable grounds to suspect that you have committed, any of the following:
- a war crime or a crime against humanity
- a serious non-political crime before entering Finland
- an act which violates the aims and principles of the United Nations