To be able to become a Finnish citizen, you must have paid your:
- hospital fees
- child maintenance payments
- state-guaranteed student loan instalments.
In addition, you may not have any of your Kela benefits subject to garnishment.
If you have not fulfilled your payment obligations, we will consider:
- how large a sum is unpaid and how important the payment is
- whether you have attempted to pay the sum
- whether you have created a payment plan and followed it.
Failure to take care of your payment obligations may prevent you from becoming a Finnish citizen.