Extended permit for studies

You should apply for an extended permit when your previous residence permit is going to expire. The extended permit will be granted for two years, if you meet the requirements. You can also apply for an extended permit for a shorter time.

You may be refused a residence permit, if you do not make enough progress in your studies. You must complete at least 45 credits during an academic year. If you have completed fewer credits, you must attach to your application a statement of the reasons why you have not made enough progress in your studies. If you are writing a thesis, for example, you should submit a statement from your supervisor.

Apply using the same form you used to apply for a first permit.

Application process when you are applying for an extended permit on the basis of studies

General attachments

  • Valid passport (you must present it when you submit the residence permit application)
  • Passport photo complying with the photo guidelines issued by the police or a photograph retrieval code you received from a photo shop, OLEL_PK
  • Color copies of the passport page containing personal data and all pages that contain notes