Skip to Content

Incomes Register

The Incomes Register makes it easier to prove that you have the necessary financial resources

The Incomes Register is an electronic database containing information about paid wages, salaries, pensions and benefits. The information is reported by employers and other payers, including pension institutions, insurance companies, the Finnish Social Insurance Institution (Kela), and municipalities.

When you apply for an extended permit, a permanent permit, or Finnish citizenship, for example, the Finnish Immigration Service receives information on the following from the Incomes Register:

  • wages and salaries paid since 1 January 2019 
  • benefits and pensions paid since 1 January 2021. 

There is no need for you or your employer to attach this information to the application.

The Finnish Immigration Service can also get information about you from the Incomes Register when you are applying for EU registration if you have a Finnish personal identity code.

How do I know if information on my earnings is available in the Incomes Register?

You can check which information your employer or benefit payer has reported to the register. Log in to the Incomes Register online service with your online banking credentials or mobile certificate at

Which information about my income do I still need to submit to the Finnish Immigration Service?

In order to make a decision on your application, we still need certain information that is not available from the Incomes Register. 

Examples of information not available from the Incomes Register include

  • savings in your bank account
  • income from abroad
  • capital income
  • rental income
  • income from interest
  • dividend income 
  • business income
  • grants and scholarships

Our application forms and the Enter Finland online service tell you which information you need to provide. If your application is missing necessary information, we will ask you to supplement it. 

Which information does my employer report to the Incomes Register?

Employers must report paid wages, salaries, fees, fringe benefits, and travel expense allowances to the Incomes Register. The information must be reported within five calendar days of the date of payment.

Reporting data concerning employment relationships, absences, and income types is voluntary. If the employer has reported this information to the Incomes Register, the Finnish Immigration Service does not need to request it from the applicant or the employer.

What if my employer has not reported the information on my earnings to the Incomes Register?

Employers have a legal obligation to report information on wages and salaries to the Incomes Register. If your information is inaccurate or incomplete, ask your employer to make the necessary corrections to the Incomes Register. The Finnish Immigration Service or the Incomes Register authority cannot make corrections to the information contained in the register.

If the employer has not reported your information to the Incomes Register, we will request that you supplement your application with information on your earnings. 

We may also ask you to provide additional information if the data reported by the employer is incomplete. If we do not contact you, this means that the information on your earnings has been successfully found in the Incomes Register.

More information