Skip to Content

Problems at work?

The Finnish laws and any international agreements that bind Finland are applied to work performed in Finland. Usually also a collective labour agreement applies. These agreements determine work-related rights and obligations, such as the minimum wage. The purpose of the agreements is to protect employees.

No employee should submit to inappropriate treatment, underpayment, too long work days, or dangerous working conditions.

If you encounter problems in your work, help is available – see the links below. You may also seek help from a lawyer, for example. If you have a residence permit in Finland and your employer has exploited you, you can apply for an extended permit or a certificate of expanded right to work.

Video: Every foreigner has the same rights at work as Finnish citizens (English) (