Skip to Content

Residence permit for preparation of company’s arrival in Finland and supervision of orders

Apply for a residence permit with this application if you will do market research, prepare for a company’s establishment in Finland, negotiate and acquire customer orders or supervise the fulfilment of orders or have other similar duties. Your employer’s or contractor’s place of business must be outside Finland.

You must have confirmed employment before you can apply for this permit.

Your employment may last for a maximum of one year. To work longer than that, you need to apply for a residence permit for an employed person.

  • Expected processing time

    First permit 1–2 months / extended permit 2 months

  • Electronic application fee

    First permit  380 € / extended permit 170 €

  • Paper application fee

    First permit 480 € / extended permit 430 €

If your employer has obtained employer certification, you can apply for a D visa at the same time as you apply for a residence permit. The D visa allows you to travel to Finland immediately after you have been issued with a residence permit and a D visa sticker has been attached to your passport. Read more about the D visa.

Your spouse and children can apply for a D visa if they are applying for a residence permit on the basis of family ties. Read more on the page Moving to Finland to be with a family member

This is what you should do


Fill in the application:

Right to work