Means of support
When you apply for Finnish citizenship, you must be able to inform us reliably about your source of income. You must tell us the source(s) of your livelihood during the entire period of residence that is required of you in order to become a Finnish citizen.
State all your sources of income on your application. If your source of income has changed during your period of residence (for example if you have a job now but earlier you received support from Social Insurance Institution of Finland (Kela)), inform us about every source. You may demonstrate your income in the following ways:
- Provide certificates of employment from your earlier jobs as attachments to your application. If you do not have any certificates of employment, give the name and contact information of your employer on your application.
- If you are employed when you submit your application, include your employment contract and your latest pay slip as attachments.
- If your livelihood is based on income from your own business, your application must have the following attachments:
- a trade register extract that is six months old at most
- an income statement and a balance sheet covering the previous accounting period
- a certificate from an accounting firm on paid salaries or private withdrawals
- If your income is based on allowances paid by the state, your application should simply list the allowances you have received.