Skip to Content
I want to apply

If you wish to move to Finland, you will in most cases need a residence permit

You do not need a residence permit if you only wish to visit Finland and stay for a maximum of 90 days. However, in most cases you will need a visa. Citizens of visa-free countries are allowed to stay in Finland for 90 days without a visa or a residence permit.

Citizens of an EU Member State, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland do not need a residence permit for Finland. However, if you stay for longer than 3 months, you need to register your right of residence.

Find out what kind of permit you need

This Application Finder will help you find the right application. Answer the questions, and the Application Finder will take you to a page that explains the application requirements that you need to meet. On the same page, you will find a list of the documents you need to attach to your application. When you have found the right application, you can proceed to the online service Enter Finland to fill in the actual application form.

We built the Application Finder to help you. Your answers will not be recorded or saved.