On these pages, you will find information about employing foreign workers and about the employer’s role in the employee’s residence permit process. If your employee is not a citizen of an EU or EEA country, he or she must apply for a residence permit. Citizens of EU and EEA countries may work without restrictions, but they must register their right of residence.
- Role of the employer in matters concerning a residence permit for an employed person
- Enter Finland for Employers
- Obligations of the employer when hiring foreign labour
- Arbetsgivarens anvisningar för expressfilen
- Fast track: Instructions for employers
- For employers of seasonal workers
- Frequently asked questions from employers
- Useful links for employers
Handle your matters quickly in the Enter Finland online service
Instruct your employee to submit a residence permit application in our online service Enter Finland. This enables you to supplement the application in Enter Finland for Employers, which speeds up the processing of the application. You can supplement the application with information about the employment and your company as well as pay for the application on behalf of the employee.
If your employee submits an online application, we are able to use automation, which streamlines and expedites the processing of the application. Using Enter Finland is safe and reliable. Submitting an application in Enter Finland is often less expensive than submitting a paper application.
Your employee can find information about Enter Finland on the following pages:
See the Finnish Immigration Service’s work-related recordings: