Certificate requests

The Finnish Immigration Service may give you a certificate for example about the following matters:

  • your refugee status in Finland
  • the grounds for and the validity of your residence permit
  • Finnish citizenship that you have acquired or lost
  • a pending application

We will charge you a fee for processing your request for a certificate. Our current price list can be found on the page Processing fees. You need to pay the processing fee in advance. The processing fee cannot be returned to you. When you submit your certificate request, attach a receipt or other reliable proof of having paid the processing fee. Include a copy of your identity card or passport.

Request a certificate using this form: Request for a certificate from the Finnish Immigration Service, TOD_P.

You can get the certificate in English, Finnish or Swedish. Send your request to the Finnish Immigration Service:

  • e-mail: [email protected] or
  • fax: 0295 411 720
  • postal address: PO Box 10, FI-00086 Helsinki, Finland