The Finnish Immigration Service may give you a certificate for example about the following matters:
- your refugee status in Finland
- the grounds for and the validity of your residence permit
- Finnish citizenship that you have acquired or lost
- a pending application
asylum seeker’s right to work.
We will charge you a fee for processing your request for a certificate. Our current price list can be found on the page Processing fees. You need to pay the processing fee in advance. The processing fee cannot be returned to you.
Request a certificate using this form: Request for a certificate from the Finnish Immigration Service, TOD_P. When you submit your certificate request, attach a receipt or other reliable proof of having paid the processing fee. Include a copy of your identity card or passport. You can get the certificate in English, Finnish or Swedish.
If you are an asylum seeker or the employer of an asylum seeker, you can request a certificate of the right to work using this form: Request for a certificate of an asylum seeker’s right to work. When you submit your certificate request, attach a receipt or other reliable proof of having paid the processing fee.
The receipt or other reliable proof can be one of the following:
- A receipt showing that the processing fee has already been paid.
- An extract from a credit card bill showing that the payment has been made from the account.
- A bank statement showing that the payment has been made from the account.
The certificate will be sent to the asylum seeker by post. The certificate can be issued in one language, either in Finnish, Swedish or English.
Send your request to the Finnish Immigration Service:
- e-mail: [email protected] or
- fax: 0295 411 720
- postal address: PO Box 10, FI-00086 Helsinki, Finland