The Finnish Immigration Service may give you a certificate for example about the following matters:
- your refugee status in Finland
- the grounds for and the validity of your residence permit
- Finnish citizenship that you have acquired or lost
- a pending application
asylum seeker’s right to work.
We will charge you a fee for processing your request for a certificate
Our current price list can be found on the page Processing fees.
Certificate request form
Request a certificate using this form: Request for a certificate from the Finnish Immigration Service, TOD_P.
Attach to your certificate request:
- a receipt or other reliable document proving that you have paid the processing fee and
- a copy of your identity card or passport.
You can get the certificate in Finnish, Swedish or English.
If you are coming to Finland for seasonal work
If you are coming to Finland for seasonal work for no more than 90 days and you are a citizen of a visa-free country, there is a separate form you need to use. You will find the form and the instructions for submitting a request on the page Seasonal work certificate.
If your employer has exploited you
If you already have a residence permit in Finland and your employer has exploited you, you can apply for an extended permit or a certificate of expanded right to work. To apply, use the forms that are intended for this purpose. You can access the forms on the page Residence permit or certificate due to exploitation by employer.
If you are an asylum seeker or the employer of an asylum seeker
If you are an asylum seeker or the employer of an asylum seeker, you can request a certificate of the right to work using this form: Request for a certificate of an asylum seeker’s right to work.
When you submit your certificate request, attach a receipt or other reliable proof of having paid the processing fee. Before making the payment, make sure to write your first and last name or your customer number in the message field.
The following documents are accepted as proof:
- A receipt showing that the processing fee has already been paid.
- An extract from a credit card bill showing that the payment has been made from the account.
- A bank statement showing that the payment has been made from the account.
Send your request to the Finnish Immigration Service:
- e-mail: email@example.com or
- fax: 0295 411 720
- postal address: PO Box 10, FI-00086 Helsinki, Finland
When an employer submits a certificate request, the certificate will be sent to the asylum seeker. The certificate can be issued in one language, either in Finnish, Swedish or English.