Skip to Content

Termination of an employment contract

If your employment relationship has ended, you must leave Finland when your right to reside expires at the latest.

If your employment ends before your residence permit expires, you or your employer can inform the Finnish Immigration Service of the termination of employment by writing to us in Finnish, Swedish or English. The form of the notification is informal, but it must include the date and your signature.

If your residence permit is still valid, you may also change jobs within the limits set by your residence permit.