Technical difficulties and interruptions in Enter Finland
From time to time, Enter Finland experiences technical difficulties that affect the availability of the service. On this page you will find up-to-date information on technical difficulties as well as instructions for users.
We are investigating the problem and working to fix it. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by the technical problems.
The technical issues with the online service Enter Finland have now been fixed. If you were unable to reply to a request for additional information or submit your urgent application on 11–13 September 2023 while Enter Finland was experiencing technical issues, follow these instructions:
- If you have received a request for additional information:
- Please reply to the request on 29 September 2023 at the latest.
- You do not have to inform the Finnish Immigration Service that you were unable to log in to Enter Finland.
- If your permit expired while the online service was experiencing technical issues:
- Please submit your application in Enter Finland on Friday 22 September 2023 at the latest.
- If you follow these instructions, we will not take into account the interruption in your permits since you were not able to submit your application for a reason caused by the Finnish authorities.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the technical difficulties.
- The partial decisions will become accessible again once the issue has been fixed.
We estimate that the problem will be fixed on 27 September 2023.. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the technical difficulties.
- If you have successfully paid your application fee, Paytrail will send you a receipt by email.
- If you are planning to visit a service point or a Finnish mission (embassy or consulate) to prove your identity, save the receipt and show it to staff at the service point or mission.
The problem is being fixed. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the technical difficulties.
There are sometimes service breaks in the online service Enter Finland during which you may not be able to log in to the service. Information about a service break can be found on the start page of Enter Finland.
The service breaks in Enter Finland usually last for 2–4 hours. There are very seldom service breaks lasting for longer than 24 hours.
You do not have to inform the Finnish Immigration Service if you are unable to log in to Enter Finland. You are not required to do anything if you have problems with login.
Follow these instructions during a service break in Enter Finland:
1. Wait until you can log in to the service again
When the service break is over, we will delete the message about the service break on the Enter Finland start page.
2. If you are unable to log in to Enter Finland the following day, follow these instructions for different situations:
1. You have received a request for additional information and have not yet replied
- Wait until the service break is over and you can log in to Enter Finland. Reply to the request as soon as you can log in again.
- If you cannot reply to the request before the given time limit expires, you can ask for more time to reply. In that case, the time limit will be extended with two weeks.
- Call the Finnish Immigration Service’s customer guidance services and ask for more time to reply to the request for additional information. Mention that you have not been able to reply to the request due to a service break in Enter Finland that has lasted for more than one day.
- When the time limit has been extended, you can reply to the request within two weeks even though the original time limit may expire. You may still receive automated messages asking you to reply to the request before the original time limit. You can ignore these messages. The settings for automated messages will not change although our customer service extends your time limit for replying to the request.
2. You have to submit your application urgently
- Wait until the service break is over and you can log in to Enter Finland again. Submit the application as soon as you can log in.
3. You have received a decision in Enter Finland
- Wait until the service break is over and you can log in to Enter Finland again. You can read the decision when the service break is over.