On this page you can find out in which cases our system can make an automated decision.
See the requirements for an automated decision in the following applications:
First residence permit for studies
We can receive an automated decision on your application if
- you apply for the first residence permit for studies abroad
- you have been admitted to a Finnish university (okm.fi) as a degree student or to a Finnish educational institution as an exchange student
- you will not participate in a mobility scheme of the European Union while the permit you are applying for is valid. One such scheme is the Erasmus+ programme
- you have submitted your application online in Enter Finland and paid the processing fee
- you have submitted your application on 19 October 2023 or later.
- you have carefully filled in the application and submitted all the required information and attachments
- you meet all the requirements for the residence permit. Your application does not require individual assessment, such as granting an exemption from a requirement
- a member of your family is not applying for a permit at the same time as you
- you have not yet started your studies
- you do not apply for a D visa at the same time
- you do not have a non-disclosure order for personal safety reasons
- you have not applied for or been granted international protection
- you have not previously received a decision to deport you from Finland
- you have not selected Swedish as your language of contact
- you have not applied for a residence permit for an overly long period. By an overly long period we mean a time period that clearly exceeds the target schedule for completing the degree.