Skip to Content

Notify The Finnish Immigration Service about changes in your family relations

If you are applying for a residence permit on the basis of family ties, you must notify the Finnish Immigration Service immediately if your family relationships change. Such changes may affect the granting of a residence permit.

For example, notify the Finnish Immigration Service of the birth of a child, changes in child custody, a marriage or divorce or the death of a family member.

You should inform us of any changes by writing to us in Finnish, Swedish, or English. The notification may be informal, but it must include the date and your signature.

Attach official evidence of the change, such as certificates of birth, marriage or death. The documents must be legalised, unless they have been issued in the Nordic countries or in an EU Member State.

Are you looking for these?