Finnish Immigration Service launches tender for new reception centres
The Finnish Immigration Service has launched a tender for the operation of reception centres from 2 February 2024. The deadline for submitting bids is 29 February.
The aim of the tender is not to increase the number of reception centres but to complete the tendering process for reception centre capacity that started in 2022.
"The Finnish Immigration Service is tendering for reception centres in eight sub-areas. The centres to be tendered include both apartment-based and collective reception centres", says Elina Nurmi, Director of the Reception Unit.
The tender areas are as follows
- Mikkeli or Savonlinna
- Imatra or Hamina
- Kristinestad or Närpes
- Joensuu, Kitee or Liperi
- Uusikaupunki or Salo
- Raahe or Kempele
The total estimated value of the acquisition, including the four-year options, is EUR 300 million. The final amount of the purchase will depend on factors such as the number of clients in the reception centres and the period of operation. The centres to be acquired will each have 300 places. The contracts will be concluded until further notice.
The reception centres acquired through the tender are expected to open on 1 July 2024.
Further information for the media:
- Elina Nurmi, Director of the Reception Unit, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +358 (0)295 433 037
- Press release 1.2.2024: Changes in the operation of reception centres
- Press release 4.1.2024: Finnish Immigration Service prepares to put out to tender reception centres
- Press release 30.10.2023: Finnish Immigration Service puts out to tender healthcare services and reception units for minors
- Media release 26.5.2023: Immigration Service puts reception centres out to tender again – opens 17 new centres
- Media release 27.9.2022: Operation of reception centres in several geographical areas put out to tender by the Finnish Immigration Service