Skip to Content

Social services

You are entitled to receive essential social services. The reception centre where you are registered as a customer is responsible for social services.

Either a social worker or social counsellor at the reception centre will assess your need for support. Your and your family’s individual circumstances will be considered and an assessment made of the necessity of social services. 

Social services can give you guidance, advice, and support regarding

  • upbringing children and young people, and parenthood
  • how you can cope and look after your own well-being
  • life management skills and independent living
  • psychological problems or substance abuse
  • special needs related to ageing
  • special needs related to disability.

You can receive temporary or long-term support.

You can contact your own reception centre or the reception centre’s social services and discuss your situation. See the page Reception centres for their contact information.