Daily life in a reception centre
The purpose of reception services is to secure the livelihood and well-being of asylum seekers. The Finnish law defines the services that you are entitled to receive.
Reception services include:
- social and health services
- reception allowance and spending money
- interpretation, and work and study activities
- voluntary return
Your reception centre also gives you information about the following matters:
- the rights and obligations related to living at a reception centre
- the rules and regulations of the reception centre
- legal aid
the Finnish society.
In addition, the reception centre offers you advice and guidance, among other things. Some reception centres also offer meals as a part of the reception services.
Your reception services are provided by the reception centre where you are registered as a client.