Waiting for the decision
After your asylum interview, your application will be transferred to the processing queue and from there to one of our decision-makers.
You can see the expected processing time of your application in the Processing Time Checker.
As the processing time depends on the personal situation of each applicant, someone who arrived in Finland at the same time as you may receive a decision before you do. This is normal. Please simply wait for your decision. The Finnish Immigration Service will contact you if something is missing from your application.
You may live in a reception centre or private accommodation while your application is being processed.
Read more in the section Daily life in a reception centre.
Watch a video about waiting for the decision on the YouTube channel of the Finnish Immigration Service. The videos are available in nine languages: Arabic, Dari, English, Persian, Somali, Sorani, Finnish, Turkish and Russian.
Enquiries about asylum applications
Matters concerning an asylum seeker must be kept secret by law. We can only give information about them to you or your legal representative. The purpose of secrecy is to protect your privacy and safety. We cannot verify the identity of a person who has contacted us by email or over the phone. For this reason, we cannot reply to enquiries about asylum applications by email or by phone or disclose whether a person is a client at the Finnish Immigration Service.
If necessary, you can send us an enquiry about the processing of your application by email: [email protected] In this case, we will reply to you personally by sending a letter to the address that you have given the Finnish Immigration Service. Send your enquiry as an encrypted email message using the service securemail.migri.fi.
It is not the duty of the reception centre personnel to make enquiries about the status of your application on your behalf. However, the personnel can give you advice on how to make an enquiry or how to get a counsel.
If you have a legal counsel
You can also ask your counsel to help you make the enquiry. Your counsel can use our online service Enter Finland for Counsels and Representatives to
- follow the status of your application
- send additional information regarding the application
- request documents concerning your matter directly to his or her Enter Finland account
- receive requests for additional information from the Finnish Immigration Service and respond to them directly from the online service.
Being a client at the Finnish Immigration Service
- Anvisning för asylsökande (sv)
- Instruções aos requerentes de asilo (pt)
- Instruction for asylum seekers (en)
- Instructions pour les demandeurs d’asile (fr)
- Şîret bo penaxwazin (Kurmandži)
- Sığınmacı kılavuzu (tr)
- Udhëzime për azilkërkuesin (sq)
- Warbixin loogu talagalay qofka magangalyo-doonka ah (so)
- Инструкция просителю убежища (ru)
- تعليمات لطالبي اللجوء تسيير المعاملات لدى مديرية الهجرة (ar)
- راهنمایی پناهجو رسیدگی به امور در اداره کل مهاجرت (fa)
- پناه غوښتونکو ته لارښوونه د کډوالو په اداره کی د اړوندو کارونو سر ته رسونه (ps)
- ሓበሬታ ንሓተትቲ ዑቕባ፤ ተገልጋሊ ኣገልግሎት ኢሚግሬሽን ፊንላንድ ምዃን (ti)