Changes to the Finnish Immigration Service’s processing fees in 2021
Some of the Finnish Immigration Service’s processing fees will go up on 1 January 2021.
- Paper applications:
- The processing fees of all residence permit applications for employed and self-employed persons will go up in 2021. Check the up-to-date prices.
- There will be no change in the fees for residence permit applications submitted online.
- The processing fees of citizenship applications will go up.
- The fee for processing a citizenship application submitted using a paper form will be EUR 590.
- The fee for processing a citizenship application submitted online will be EUR 460.
- The fee for determination of citizenship status will be EUR 100.
Read more about making payments and check all processing fees. The fees charged by the Finnish Immigration Service are determined under a decree issued by the Ministry of the Interior. The prices will be increased to ensure that they cover the costs of processing applications better.
Online applications cost less
If at all possible, you should submit your application using the online service Enter Finland. This is the cheapest and fastest way of having your application processed. You can log into your Enter Finland account and track the processing of your application.