Good progress has been made in processing the applications of seasonal workers – what you can do to speed up the processing
A total of 9,000 seasonal workers from outside the European Union may arrive in Finland during the spring and early summer. Of them, as many as 8,700 seasonal workers have received a positive decision to their application.
Queue situation concerning seasonal work
In the future, we will update the queue situation concerning seasonal work once per week on our website.
Those who have applied for a seasonal work certificate
- By 18 June 2020, there have been 9 273 seasonal work certificate requests submitted since the start of 2020.
- A decision has been made on 7 485 seasonal work certificate requests.
Those who have applied for a seasonal work certificate (duration of work: 3–6 months)
- By 18 June 2020, there have been 867 seasonal work applications submitted since the start of 2020.
- A decision has been made on 932 seasonal work applications, in which the duration of work is 3–6 months.
Those who have applied for a seasonal work certificate (duration of work: 6–9 months)
- By 18 June 2020, there have been 317 seasonal work applications submitted since the start of 2020.
- A decision has been made on 451 seasonal work applications, in which the duration of work is 6–9 months.
We are treating your application as urgent
All applications are processed in the order they are submitted, and our aim is to take the time when work starts into account. We try to make the decisions before the start of the agreed employment relationship.
Exceptionally, we will not respond to status enquiries concerning seasonal workers until further notice if there are no problems with the processing of the application. The Finnish Immigration Service receives dozens of status enquiries every day, and responding to them takes a lot of time away from making decisions.
In this way, we want to ensure that you can start work on time.
If you have not applied for a seasonal work permit yet, apply for the permit in the normal way. Enter Finland is the fastest way to apply for a seasonal work certificate or a seasonal worker’s residence permit. Instructions on how to apply are available on our website at migri.fi/seasonal-work.
You can also find information about the impact of the coronavirus epidemic on the processing of applications on our website: migri.fi/coronavirus
Employer: Use Enter Finland and speed up the processing of applications
In the Enter Finland online service for employers, you can now speed up the processing of the employee’s seasonal work certificate or residence permit application. When you supplement the employee’s application in the online service, the processing time of the application is shortened and the employee will receive the decision faster.
Your employee will receive the decision once it has been made. You can ask them about the decision.