Are you in Finland? Check the updated instructions for applying
You can find updated instructions for applying and for visiting our service points during the coronavirus epidemic at the address migri.fi/en/coronavirus.
Read the instructions on that page when:
- you are applying for a residence permit;
- you are applying for Finnish citizenship;
- you need a new residence permit card;
- you are applying for an alien’s passport or a refugee travel document;
- you have booked an appointment at a service point; or
- you have received a request for additional information.
Because of the coronavirus situation, waiting numbers are not handed out at the service points of the Finnish Immigration Service. For now, you can visit a service point only if you have booked an appointment.
- Follow the updates at migri.fi/en/coronavirus. On that page, you will find updates about the effects of the coronavirus situation on our services and answers to frequently asked questions.
- You can handle many permit matters online in the online service Enter Finland.
- If you cannot find answers to your questions at our website or in any of our customer bulletins, you can call us (from Monday to Friday at 9.00–16.00):
- Questions about submitting an application and visiting our service points with a waiting number: 0295 419 627
- Customer service (status enquiries and other general questions): 0295 419 600
- Unfortunately, our service numbers are very busy. Please call us only if your matter is urgent and if you cannot find the answer to your question on our website. This way, we can help as many customers as possible.