Are you coming to Finland for the winter to work? Read this checklist for seasonal workers

28.11.2019 10.58
Press release

If you are coming to Finland for seasonal work from a non-EU country, you will need a permit for seasonal work. For example ski resorts employ seasonal workers during the winter.

Please note that temporary agency work does not count as seasonal work. For more details, see our list of seasonal jobs.

Will you be working for less than 3 months?

Will you be working for 3–9 months?

If you will be working for more than six months, the decision-making process will have two steps: the Employment and Economic Development Office will first make a partial decision, after which the Finnish Immigration Service will process your application.

Apply easily in Enter Finland

There are many advantages when you submit your application using the Enter Finland online service. You can use the service to follow the processing of your application, for example.

Even employers can create their own user account in Enter Finland. You can choose to give your employer permission to use Enter Finland in matters concerning your seasonal work permit. If you do this, your employer can, for instance, add attachments to your application.

Need help? See the Frequently Asked Questions page

You can find answers to most questions about seasonal work on the website

We have published answers to frequently asked questions in English, Finnish, Swedish, Ukrainian and Russian. See the Frequently Asked Questions page.

Read more about seasonal work and see the application instructions.

Customer bulletin