Are you applying for an extended permit? Submit your application online to avoid visiting a service point
The processing time of an application is shorter than average for customers who can avoid the need to visit a service point. In 2021, already more than 6,000 customers were able to handle the entire application process online. For 2022, our goal is to double the number of customers who do not need to visit a service point.
This is what you should do:
- Log in to the online service Enter Finland using your Finnish online banking credentials. You can also use your Citizen Certificate or mobile certificate to log in to the service.
- Do not create a new account. Instead, upgrade your old account.
- Fill in an application for an extended permit. Add to your application the retrieval code for your digital passport photo that you received from the photo shop. Enter your photograph retrieval code into the field ‘Passport photo’ on the first page of the online application form.
- If you do not add the photograph retrieval code, you will have to visit a service point to prove your identity.
- Fill in all sections of the application.Täytä hakemuksesi kaikki kohdat.
- Fill in the application and send all the required attachments in Finnish, Swedish or English.
- Pay for the application on the fifth page of the online application. You can pay for your application with the most common payment cards or with Finnish online banking credentials.
- If you do not pay for your application in Enter Finland, you will have to visit a service point to prove your identity.
- When you submit your application, Enter Finland will let you know whether you need to visit a service point or not.
Review your application before you send it. You cannot edit your application after you have submitted it.
You may be required to prove your identity at a service point if, for instance, you have not added a retrieval code for your digital passport photo to your application, if you do not have a valid residence permit or if you have not previously submitted an application from the Enter Finland account you are now using.