Asylum seeker: the basic course on Finnish society is changing
The course on Finnish society gives asylum seekers basic information about Finnish society. The course has been organised at reception centres since 2016. In March 2021, changes will be made to the course.
The reception centre will give you the materials to study yourself
The reception centre will give you the materials for self-study soon after you have started living at the centre. The materials will give you information about Finnish society before the lectures of the course start. If you do not live at a reception centre, the materials can be sent to you by mail or e-mail.
You can also find the self-study materials on the Finnish Immigration Service’s website at: migri.fi/finnish-society-course.
The course consists of six lectures
The topics of the lectures are:
- Finnish legislation
- Finnish society
- Equality between women and men
- Working in Finland
- Sexual health and sexuality
In the future, only the lectures on Finnish legislation and Finnish society will be compulsory for all asylum seekers aged over 16 who have a duty to participate in work and study activities. The reception centre will invite you to the lectures. If you do not go to the compulsory lectures, your reception allowance may be reduced.
If you have completed the course sections on Finnish legislation and Finnish society already, you do not have to take them again.
Other lectures of the course will be organised at the reception centre as far as possible. You can go to the other lectures if you choose.
The section on Finnish legislation will include an online course that you study yourself
The reception centre will give you instructions and IDs for taking the online course. If necessary, the centre will lend you a computer, a tablet or a phone for taking the course.
The course will be recorded in your skills assessment
All sections of the basic course on Finnish society you take (lectures and the online course) will be recorded in your skills assessment. The reception centre will print out the skills assessment for you when you move out. If necessary, you can also ask the reception centre to print the skills assessment at other times, for example when you are looking for a job.
- (ar) طالب اللجوء العزيز سوف يتم تعديل دورة المجتمع الفنلندي
- (dari) فرد پناهجو دوره آموزشی درباره جامعه فنلند تغییر میکند
- (en) Asylum seeker the basic course on Finnish society is changing
- (es) Solicitante de asilo El curso La sociedad finlandesa cambia
- (fi) Turvapaikanhakija Suomalaisen yhteiskunnan kurssi muuttuu
- (fr) Demandeur d’asile modifications prévues pour le cours sur la société finlandaise
- (persia) پناهجوی گرامی دوره آموزشی جامعه فنلاندی تغییر میکند
- (ru) К сведению просителей убежища изменения в обучающем курсе «Финское общество»
- (so) Magangalyoddoonka kooraska ku saabsan bulshada Finland wuu isbeddelayaa
- (sorani-kurdi) داواکاری مافی پەنابەرێتی خولی کۆمەڵگای فینلاندی گۆڕاوە
- (sv) Asylsökande Ändringar i kursen om det finländska samhället
- (tr) Sığınma başvurusunda bulunmuş kişi Finlandiya Toplumu Kursu değişikliğe uğramaktadır