Attach the latest information about your income on Enter Finland if your identification visit is delayed
Due to the coronavirus epidemic, many of our customers only get an opportunity to identify themselves several months after they have submitted their application on the Enter Finland web service.
To identify yourself, you must visit a Finnish mission or a service point. On this visit, your fingerprints will be taken, and your identity and the necessary documents will also be checked.
If you have subimtted your application on Enter Finland but you can only identify yourself several months later
- before you come in to identify yourself, check that the proof of income you attached on Enter Finland is not older than three months.
- If the proof of income you attached on Enter Finland is older than three months, attach documents proving your income over the last three months to your application before you come to a mission or service point to identify yourself.
- Bring the original documents with you when you come in to identify yourself.
If you are applying for a residence permit for studies
- in addition to proof of income, check that your insurance has not expired. If your insurance has expired, attach a new insurance certificate to your application on Enter Finland and bring the original certificate with you when you come to identify yourself.
The time period for identification at missions and service points has been extended until 30 April 2021
Normally, anyone who applies for a residence permit, registration of their right of residence or citizenship must visit a mission or a service point in Finland within three months of submitting their application on the web service Enter Finland. The period for identification has now been extended until 30 April 2021.
For more information
- Read more about the income requirement on our website at migri.fi/income-requirement.
- According to the Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs, residence permit activities in Finnish missions have been re-started step by step from 16 June 2020. Read more in the customer bulletin Reception of residence permit applications in Finnish missions resuming gradually.