Having an appointment is not a valid reason for crossing the Uusimaa border
You cannot cross the Uusimaa border, even if you have booked an appointment at a service point of the Finnish Immigration Service.
Residents of Uusimaa cannot leave the region between 28 March and 19 April. Residents of other regions cannot visit Uusimaa during this period. The restrictions on movement are designed to prevent more people from contracting coronavirus and to slow down the spread of the epidemic.
Cancel your appointment and submit your application via Enter Finland
Please cancel your appointment if
- you live in Uusimaa and your appointment is in another region, for example at our service point in Lahti or
- you do not live in Uusimaa but your appointment is at our service point in Helsinki.
- New appointment slots become available all the time. If there are no slots available, please be patient and check back later.
- You should try to book your appointment with the service point nearest to you, even if there are appointments available at our other service points.
- Update the time of your appointment in Enter Finland.
You should normally visit our service point to identify yourself within three months of the date on which you submit your application. However, owing to the coronavirus situation, the time limit for identification has been extended until 31 August 2020. The time limit may be reviewed depending on how the situation evolves.
If you have not yet submitted your application, please see migri.fi/you-are-in-finland for instructions.
- Press release from the Ministry of the Interior: Restrictions on movement to and from Uusimaa remain in force until 19 April 2020
- Updates on our website: migri.fi/coronavirus. Keep checking the website for the latest information about the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on our services and answers to frequently asked questions.
- If you cannot find an answer to your question on our website or in our newsletters, you can call us (Monday–Friday, 9.00–16.00):
- For information about submitting applications and visiting our offices: +358 295 419 627
- Customer service (for information about the status of your application and other general enquiries): +358 295 419 600
- Our telephone operators are extremely busy at the moment. Please only call us if you require urgent assistance and cannot find the answer on our website. This will help us to serve as many customers as possible.