Apply for an extended permit online: Follow these instructions if you do not want to visit a service point
Are you applying for an extension to your residence permit? Submit the application in the Enter Finland service and identify yourself with Finnish online banking credentials. You do not necessarily need to visit a service point.
How to proceed:
- Apply for an extended permit via the Enter Finland service.
- Use strong identification, meaning that you need to log into the online service by using Finnish online banking credentials, a citizen certificate or a mobile certificate.
- Visit a photo shop to have your passport photo taken and attach the electronic passport photo retrieval code to your application.
- Fill in all sections of the online application.
- Pay for your application immediately in the Enter Finland service.
- Apply for a permit before your previous permit expires.
The online service will tell you if you need to visit a service point or not.
More than 70% of applications are submitted via the online service
The Enter Finland online service is an official and reliable way to take care of issues related to the application. You can apply for almost all permits in Enter Finland.
You can submit an application online whenever you wish. After submitting an application, you can follow its progress via the Enter Finland account, where you can also provide further information easily. In your account, you can see when a decision has been made on the application.
You can find more detailed instructions at: