Finnish Immigration Service will again receive applications in Mariehamn
The Finnish Immigration Service aims to arrange service times in Mariehamn as planned. An official from the Finnish Immigration Service will receive applications as usual starting from June.
Service times from 23 June to 11 December 2020:
- Tuesday–Friday 23–26 June (week 26)
- Tuesday–Friday 4–7 August (week 32)
- Tuesday–Friday 15–18 September (week 38)
- Tuesday–Friday 27–30 October (week 44)
- Tuesday–Friday 8–11 December (week 50)
Book an appointment in our appointment system. The appointment times at the Mariehamn service point will be available for booking for three months in advance.
Usually every six to seven weeks, an official from the Finnish Immigration Service is at the State Administration Building in Mariehamn to receive applications.
Information about any exceptions to service times will be published separately. We will send you a message if we need to cancel your appointment.
Please bring with you to the service point in Mariehamn:
- The application form that you have filled in in advance. Alternatively, you can submit your application in the online service Enter Finland.
- Originals of all the documents needed for the application.
- A new passport photo.
- Money (cash or card) to pay the processing fee, unless you have already paid it in Enter Finland.
Wait for an invitation to come and prove your identity if you have sent your application by post or via email
The Finnish Immigration Service will send you, by letter, an invitation to an appointment to verify your identity if you have sent your application for a residence permit or a travel document by post or via email. See the instructions on our website about visiting a service point to prove your identity.
We have received residence permit and travel document applications by post and via email during the coronavirus pandemic since 20 March 2020. You can still send your paper application by post or via email if you are unable to use the online service Enter Finland. See the instructions on our website on how to send the application. However, we recommend submitting the application in Enter Finland, because using this service makes the process faster.
The coronavirus outbreak is affecting the services and operations of the Finnish Immigration Service. For updates on the situation, visit the page migri.fi/en/coronavirus.