Updates in estimated processing times
The estimated processing times of applications were updated on 24–26 November 2022.
The updates were made in the chatbot Kamu, in the Processing Time Checker and on pages containing information about specific applications at migri.fi.
The number of incoming applications and unexpected variation in the number of applications within an individual application category, among other things, affect the estimated processing times. We are developing the processing of applications by means of automation.
Changes were made in the estimated processing times of the following applications:
- Application for a first residence permit for an entrepreneur
- The new estimated processing time is 4–6 months. Before the update, the estimate was 11–12 months.
- Application for an extended permit for an entrepreneur
- The new estimated processing time is 4–6 months. Before the update, the estimate was 11 months.
- Application for a permanent residence permit
- The new estimated processing time is 11–14 months. Before the update, the estimate was 9–12 months. The new estimated processing time does not concern a long-term resident’s EU residence permit application, the estimated processing time of which is still 6 months.
You can follow the processing of your application with the help of chatbot Kamu and automated messages
If you are applying for a residence permit, EU-registration, or citizenship, chatbot Kamu can tell you the status of your application. In addition, you will usually receive automated messages at the different stages of your application.
Our telephone service cannot give you a more accurate estimate of the processing time.