Finnish Immigration Service launches its reformed telephone service on 28 February 2022
The Finnish Immigration Service reforms its telephone service and extends its service hours. In addition, the customer service numbers will change.
As of 28 February 2022, the Finnish Immigration Service will have four customer service numbers:
- Citizenship matters 0295 790 604
- Residence permits on the basis of studies or work 0295 790 602
- Residence permits for family members 0295 790 603
- Other residence permits and permit matters 0295 419 600
The service numbers are open from Monday to Friday at 8.30–12.00 and at 13.00–15.30.
There is also a specific service number for employers, 0295 419 601, which is open from Monday to Friday at 8.30–12.00.
The reform aims to improve the availability and quality of our guidance services. Extended service hours have been one of our customers’ top requests according to customer satisfaction surveys and feedback.
You can contact our telephone service for guidance on residence permits, citizenship matters and other permit matters handled by the Finnish Immigration Service, on booking an appointment or on using our online services. We give guidance in Finnish, Swedish and English.
The new service numbers may be busy at first, and there may be temporary interruptions after the launch. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause our customers.
More information about our customer guidance services and instructions.
You can find an answer to your question online
- Ask our chatbot Kamu! Kamu offers general advice on our website and can check your application’s place in the application queue.
- See the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Automated messages inform you of the status of your application.