Malmi service point in Helsinki open on five Saturdays in the autumn
The Malmi service point will offer appointments on Saturday 17 September as well as, tentatively, 8 and 29 October, 12 November and 3 December.
There may be changes to the Saturday opening hours after autumn, and up-to-date information on opening hours can always be found on the Service Points page.
The Saturday appointments will become available in our appointment system on the Monday of the same week. Queuing for services with a waiting number is not possible on Saturdays. We only serve customers who have booked an appointment.
The appointments are intended for the usual receipt of applications and not for the temporary protection matters of Ukrainians. If you are arriving from Ukraine and seeking temporary protection, you can only submit your application to the Police or the Border Guard.
- If you need advice on temporary protection, please call the Finnish Immigration Service’s service number for Ukraine-related questions. The service number offers information in Ukrainian, English, Finnish and Swedish.
Please only book one appointment for yourself so that there will be enough appointments for as many customers as possible. If your family needs to renew permits, please book a family appointment. See our appointment instructions.
How to use our services
- Fill in the application before coming to the service point. If you are not sure which application to fill in, use our Application Finder.
- If you do not fill in your application before your appointment, we cannot offer you our services because there will not be enough time to fill in the application at the service desk.
- We do not recommend coming to the service point to ask how long your application process will be. The status of applications can often be checked online:
- If you are asked to deliver additional information to the Finnish Immigration Service, add the files in Enter Finland or send them by mail.
- If you are unable to come to a booked appointment, please remember to cancel it. We will charge EUR 50 for uncancelled appointments.
Great public transport connections to the Malmi service point
The Malmi service point is easy to reach by train or bus. There are also free, time-restricted parking spaces on Viljatie, for example, and in the parking halls of Malmintori shopping centre. The service point does not offer customer parking.