Waiting times for appointments are longer than usual – what to do if you cannot book an appointment
Due to high demand, the waiting times for available appointments in the appointment system of the Finnish Immigration Service are currently longer than usual. Owing to the coronavirus situation, waiting numbers are out of use for the whole summer. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Where possible, we will increase the number of appointments at our service points during the summer and autumn. More appointments will be available at the service point in Helsinki for EU registration, for instance.
Here is what you can do if you are unable to book an appointment through the system:
- Submit your application through the Enter Finland online service. The deadline for identification has been extended until 31 October 2020. Read more from our customer bulletin: The deadline for identification at Finnish missions as well as service points has been extended until 31 October 2020. If you are applying for a permit extension, submit your application through the Enter Finland online service and use strong identification.
- Check our appointment system for available appointments later. New appointments become available weekly.
- If you cannot use the Enter Finland online service, you can send your application by post or email, owing to the coronavirus situation. For instructions on sending the application by post or email, see migri.fi/en/you-are-in-Finland.
- If you send your application by post or email, you do not need to book an appointment at the service point: instead, we will send you a separate invitation for an identification visit. Read more about identification visits in our customer bulletin: Are you in Finland and have sent your application to the Finnish Immigration Service by post or email? You will receive an invitation to an appointment for identity verification at a service point.
- If you wish to visit the service point with your family, book a family appointment. For instructions, go to migri.fi/en/how-to-book-an-appointment. If you have only booked an appointment for yourself, we cannot serve your family members during the appointment.
- The appointment is intended for identification and submitting an application. You will find answers to many questions on our website at migri.fi:
- If you are a UK citizen, please follow our customer bulletins. During the next few days, we will provide information about applying for a right of residence based on the withdrawal agreement, which you can apply for between 1 October 2020 and 30 September 2021. Book an appointment at a service point for submitting an application only after summer.
If you have booked an appointment at a service point:
- Fill in a paper application before visiting the service point, unless you have submitted your application through the Enter Finland online service. There is no time for filling in the application at the service desk.
- Cancel your appointment if you no longer need it. This makes your appointment available to somebody else. We charge EUR 50 for an unused appointment.
- Please arrive a little before the beginning of your appointment. Bring the processing fee (card or cash) with you as well as the appendices (attachments) indicated on the application form.