Skip to Content

Request for a certificate for seasonal work

Use this form to request a certificate for seasonal work if you are a citizen of a visa-free country and going to arrive in Finland for seasonal work for a maximum of 90 days. If you need a visa to enter Finland, apply for a seasonal work visa at a Finnish mission. If your seasonal work lasts for more than 90 days, apply for a residence permit for seasonal work using the form OLE_TY6. If you are going to work as a picker of wild berries, you do not need to apply for a permit.

  • Expected processing time

    3 months

  • Processing fee

    100 €

This is what you should do:


Make sure you meet the requirements for seasonal work.


Make sure you have all the attachments needed. If necessary, have them translated.


Fill in your application.


Pay the processing fee of your application in advance to the account of the Finnish Immigration Service, following the instructions on the application form.


Send your application to the Finnish Immigration Service according to the instructions on the application form.


Wait for a decision. The Finnish Immigration Service will contact you if necessary.


You must also meet the following requirements:


You have a valid passport.


Your work is seasonal, takes place in a certain field, and lasts for 90 days at most. Jobs in forestry, crop production or at festivals are examples of seasonal work that requires a residence permit. A detailed list of seasonal jobs (only available in Finnish).


You must have a signed employment contract or a binding job offer.

  • You must have confirmed employment before you may apply for a certificate for seasonal work. If you have been offered work by an employer, the employer needs to confirm that you will really be hired. This is usually done in the form of an employment contract.


You have appropriate accommodation.

Income requirement

You must have secure means of support

  • You need to be able to earn your living in Finland through gainful employment throughout the time your residence permit is valid. Your salary must at least correspond to the salary specified in the collective agreement that applies to your employment relationship. If there is no general collective agreement in your sector, your gross salary must be at least EUR 1,189 per month in 2018. Read more on the page Income requirement.

Right to work

  • You cannot start working before you get a certificate for seasonal work.
  • You are only permitted to work for the employer for whose seasonal work your residence permit was granted to you.

The family members of seasonal workers cannot get residence permits in Finland on the basis of family ties.

Seasonal workers must apply to Kela for access to health services

As a seasonal worker, you do not automatically have the right to use municipal healthcare in Finland. You must apply to the Social Insurance Institution of Finland (Kela) for entitlement to healthcare. Kela will give you a certificate.

In the case of an emergency, you of course have the right to seek medical care. In such situations, the health care staff will check your entitlement to healthcare from Kela.

Read more about seasonal workers’ rights on Kela’s website.

General attachments

  • Colour copies of the passport page containing personal data and of all passport pages that contain notes

Application-specific attachments

  • Employment contract or a binding job offer
  • Supplement form TY6_plus, filled in and signed by your employer
  • Copy of the payment receipt

Request for a certificate for seasonal work, TOD_P_KAUSI

Fill in a paper application