Skip to Content

Updates about the corona situation: Many matters can be dealt with online, do not visit a service point if you are unwell

14.3.2020 15.17
Press release

You can deal with many residence permit matters online in the Finnish Immigration Service’s online service Enter Finland.

Most applications can be submitted online in Enter Finland. You can also follow the status of your application in Enter Finland.

Your application becomes pending immediately when you submit it in Enter Finland. After this, you have three months to visit a service point to prove your identity.

You can also pay the processing fee in Enter Finland.

Use the online service, post or email to send supporting documents

If you do not have an appointment, avoid visits to service points and use the online service Enter Finland instead.

If you have submitted an online application, you can use Enter Finland to send us additional information and documents for your application.

If you have submitted a paper application and you need to send us additional documents, send them by post or by email to [email protected]

Cancel your appointment if you are unwell and book a new appointment for later

Do not visit a service point if you are ill. If you fall ill, cancel your old appointment and book a new one in our appointment system.

You will see all available appointments in the appointment system. We are monitoring the situation and will make new appointments available as soon as it is possible.

If you are applying for an extended permit, you may not have to visit a service point at all. You can use strong electronic identification in Enter Finland by logging in with your online banking credentials, citizen certificate or mobile certificate. The online service will tell you whether you have to visit a service point or whether the electronic identification is enough.

See the website of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs for information about Finnish embassies and consulates

For latest updates, see the website of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs at

The police and the Ministry for Foreign Affairs are responsible for visa matters

If you are visiting Finland whilst on a holiday or because of work, for example, you have been granted a visa for a short visit that can last up to 90 days.

The Finnish Immigration Service is not responsible for visa matters. Visas to Finland are granted by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs. If you have questions about how to extend your visa, contact the local police.

Are you looking for information about the corona virus?

For health advice and latest updates about the corona virus in Finland, visit the website of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) at