Does the coronavirus situation prevent you from visiting a mission abroad to prove your identity in time? You will now get extra time for proving your identity
The Finnish Immigration Service has decided to extend the time limit for visiting a Finnish mission to prove your identity. Extra time is given temporarily to ease the situation of those applicants who have submitted their residence permit application in the online service Enter Finland but who currently cannot visit a Finnish mission abroad in time because of the coronavirus epidemic.
- Press release from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland: Finland suspends the reception and processing of ordinary visa and residence permit applications in the missions (19 March 2020)
The time limit for proving your identity has been extended until 31 August 2020
- If you are abroad and cannot visit a mission to prove your identity for your residence permit application in time, your time limit for proving your identity is extended until 31 August 2020.
- If needed, we will make changes to this time limit, depending on how long the current state of emergency will last.
- Follow the website of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs and our customer bulletins.
- When the Ministry for Foreign Affairs announces that the special arrangements are no longer in force, book an appointment for proving your identity immediately.
For instructions on how to cancel your application, visit the page migri.fi/en/cancelling-an-application.
- Are you in Finland? Read more about visiting the service points of the Finnish Immigration Service in Finland from our bulletin: Are you in Finland and applying for a residence permit? Changes in the submission of applications and in the operation of service points (20 March 2020)
- Up-to-date information on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on our customers: migri.fi/en/coronavirus